Kombucha Fabric Experiment: The Harvest

Here are some photos of the harvest from a few weeks ago.

It took no time for them to dry on the deck. One of them had a lot of variation in thickness probably due to the shape of the original scoby. I changed a few things in the next batch to try to remedy this. Not that I don’t want wrinkled fabric. The texture reminds me of tough elbow skin or alligator hide. The other one took up the texture of the window screen with small grid marks.

The next batch is brewing outside now. We’ve had a series of 100 degree days so things are happening fast. I’ll post an update soon.


For the rails assessment I built a simple project logging CMS. This is a tool for crafty people who have...


Now that I finished drying out the second round of kombucha fabric, I’ve started thinking about what to make with...

jennyy.com | © 2019